Video Editor / Vision Mixer (Part time - Voluntary)
Applications due Sunday, 11th July 2021 at 5:00PM (EST)
Cloud Theatrics is a virtual, international theatre production company that was founded as a way to adapt and reimagine theatre safely during Covid-19. We are committed to providing professional quality virtual theatre to a global audience by bringing together directors, actors, and technicians from around the world to explore and express their artistic ideas.
Cloud Theatrics is looking for skilled and enthusiastic editors to join our editing team. The editing team is responsible for taking submitted videos for shows, making final videos and turning a director’s vision into a reality. As well as editing music videos, promotional content and trailers.
This role is unpaid as all company positions are currently voluntary but does provide great experience pioneering digital theatre, and making connections around the globe.
The position is work from home and approx. 8 hours per week. This is not a fixed amount and is likely to change around deadlines.
- Make video and editorial content as required by the Technical Director and needs of the company.
- Provide feedback and notes to cast members on the quality of their video recordings.
- Edit and mix cast member video submissions to create final products .
- Provide fully produced video numbers to be used in our productions.
- Attend all production team, music team and company meetings as appropriate.
- Work closely with a show’s Director to ensure that standards are met.
- Strong background / education in video production.
- A confident knowledge of the chosen editing suite.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to break down directorial notes.
- An ear for rhythm.
- The ability to meet deadlines, and the time to attend irregular meetings.
- A reliable internet connection.
- Knowledge and passion in Musicals and Theatre.
- Flowing creativity.
- Basic knowledge of image manipulation software. (i.e. Adobe Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of compositing software. (i.e. Adobe After Effects)
- Basic knowledge of streaming encoder software. (i.e. Streamlabs)
- Background in sound editing.
- Understanding how YouTube works and how to get the most out of your uploads.
Reporting to: Technical Director
Remuneration: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
To apply please email your CV/Resume and Portfolio/At least one video or other production you have edited to firstname.lastname@example.org